Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who am I....

Hello my name is Aubrey, and I'm a Mommy!! I love this job. It's the hardest job I've ever had. My own Mommy was the best Mom in the world, and I want to be as good of a Mom that she was for me for my family. Aside from love, and attention, and a belief in God; the most treasured gift my Mom gave me was DANCE. My Mom was my dance teacher for the first few years of my life and she's always been my hardest but best critic in my own dancing. She gave me a love for dancing and moving and for music that has literally shaped my life. I danced with her all through my elementary years. I then moved on to different studios and eventually into collage dance programs and teams. I've taught dance myself since high school. I just can't get enough of it. I'm now only beginning to learn the joy of teaching. Now that I have my own little one it's so fun to see her learn and grow. She doesn't have to be a dancer. Goodness, I hope she will become anything she would like to become. But I would like to show her a little bit of what I love to do so much. I taught my first Mommy and Me class two years ago and I fell in love with the idea. Having a special time for Mom and Child to play and imagine and dance! It was so special to see Mom's and children play together. That's why I'm starting this blog (with the encouragement from my husband and my sister). I want to share that with any Mom and child that want to play along with me. My goals are really to provide an activity for Mommy and child to do together, to give proper beginning dance instruction, to encourage imagination and movement, and to hopefully help some little one that is allot like me, to learn to love dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment